Feb 16, 2009

Thrifty way to buy some furniture

We've needed new mattresses for the kids for a while now. We've been using hand-me-down mattresses from family and they are pretty old. I have been looking for a thrifty way to buy 3 mattresses lately and I finally found it!

It all started with a
flyer I got in the mail from our local furniture store. The ad said they were offering $500 in groceries if you spend $500 at their store. I tossed the flyer aside at first thinking it was a scam. On Saturday (the day of the deal) I looked at it again and asked my husband to call and see if it was "for real". My husband found out that you don't get the $500 that day. Basically when you spend $100 a month on groceries you get $25 back each time. You do this over a 20 month span, but I spend $100 a month on groceries anyway. This ends up being $500 in free groceries for my family, plus we get the furniture we need!

We did decide to go and check them out and we ended up getting 2 twin mattresses, 1 twin mattress set because Katalina needed the box spring and a new TV stand that my husband has been wanting for a while! We ended up spending $639. Now for the next 20 months I'll be getting $25 in free groceries back every month!

My Aunt wanted to do to same deal, but she couldn't come up with $500 worth of stuff. She ended up picking out a really nice bench for me instead since we needed a new one for our entry way. So thanks to my Aunt Jackie we have a new bench in there as well! Overall we got the furniture we needed and $500 in free groceries! What a great deal!!!



Old TV stand




New TV stand






Old bench!






New bench.

No comments:

Post a Comment